Komodo cruise and dragons!
Day 1 Bali - Labuan Bajo - Kalong Island
Early flight from Bali to Labuan Bajo, classical departure harbour to Komodo National Park. Pick up at the airport and short transfer (10 minutes) to the harbour. You start sailing to the national park. On the way you will discover the first coral reefs of the area, and maybe meet dugongs, the cow-like marine animals are common here. Dinner on board followed by a naural show of thousands of flying foxes leaving the mangrove and soaring towards the mainland as dusk falls.
Day 2 Rinca - Pink Beach - Komodo
After breakfast you set foot on Rinca Island. A short trek with a local ranger in the forest enables you to meet famous Komodo dragons. This walk also displays amazing panoramas of the archipelago. Then, you sail to Komodo Island and Pink Beach, with its famous coloured sand. After a magical snorkelling session here with turtles if you are lucky, you go for a second hike on the island, once again with a ranger. In addition to dragons, you can also see buffalos, wild pigs and white cockatoos... At the end of the afternoon, you visit the local village of Komodo. Dinner and overnight onboard.
Day 3 Manta Point - Kanawa - Gili Lawa
A lot of snorkelling is on the agenda for today: starting with Manta point where you can swim with the rays, turtles, and sometimes even reef sharks. Then, you head to Kanawa, where you may be lucky enough to see Lionfish, Humphead Parrotfish and Bluespotted stingray. Late this afternoon, you embark on a short hike on Gili Lawa to enoy an amazing panorama as the sun sets.
Day 4 Bidadari - Labuan Bajo - Bali
This morning is a last opportunity to go snorkelling near to Bidadari Island. Then, you head back to Labuan Bajo, for your airport transfer and flight back to Bali.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
Price includes :
Price doesn't include :
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Budget & exchange
- A cap or sunhat
- A good pair of sunglasses (level 3 or 4, glacier)
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, appropriate for hiking in
- 1 fleece or equivalent
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- A rain cape or protective waterproof bag for your daybag
- 1 or 2 pairs of long shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers
- Your hiking boots (high-cut, thick soles...)
- A pair of trainers
- A pair of sandals for wearing in the sea
- Thick walking socks
- A good water bottle (min. 1.5 l)
- A swimsuit
- A long-sleeved rash vest to protect you
- A good sun-cream (SPF 50+, water resistant, biodegradable...)
- Insect repellent
- A wash bag - your personal toiletries
- A camera and spare batteries/portable charger
- A power plug travel adapter
- A head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A fast drying micro-fibre beach towel
- A bath towel
- Blister plasters
- A small personal first aid kit
- Zip lock bags to protect your important documents and electronics
- A laundry bag/bin bag for your dirty clothes
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors