Discovery of Flores and Komodo
Day 1 Flores : Goa Rangko and Batu Cermin (L)
Depending on your arrival time at Labuan Bajo, your English speaking driver will meet you at the airport. You have a short transfer to the port from where you embark to go to Roa Rangko Cave. Turquoise water, coral bottom, you enjoy a swim in this environment. After lunch on board, you return to the city for this time to discover the cave of Batu Cermin. You move to your hotel in the city center for the night. Free dinner, you can enjoy a grilled fish on the harbor not far from your hotel.
- 30 min drive
- 2h boat
- Accommodation: Hotel in Labuan Bajo
Day 2 Flores: Refreshing hike and local village (B-L-D)
This morning, you take the road to Cunca Wulang. With a local guide, you first walk towards the Liang Rodak Chasm before reaching Wulang Canyon where you can swim. After the lunch break, you take the road towards the village of Pusut where you meet your hosts who introduce you to local crafts.
- 2h30 drive
- 2h walk
-100m + / 100m-
- Accommodation: homestay - simple comfort - bathroom with cold water to share
Day 3 Viewpoint over the rice fields and village of Wae rebo (B-L-D)
This morning, you go for a short hike on the hill in front of the village where you have a breathtaking view of some spiderwebs rice fields. You then take the road to Ruteng to join your local guide who takes you to the village of Wae Rebo, in the heart of the country Mangarai. You meet the village chief before learning more about local rituals and traditions. You spend the night in the village sharing with the inhabitants.
- 1h walk + 3h walk (+ 500m)
- 3h30 drive
- Accommodation: Homestay - simple comfort - bathroom with cold water to share
Day 4 Flores: From Wae Rebo to Labuan Bajo (B-L-D)
In the morning, you share breakfast with locals before hike back to find your driver and take the road to Labuan Bajo. You arrive in the middle of the afternoon and can walk by yourself.
- 3h walk (-500m)
-5h of road
- Accommodation: hotel in Labuan Bajo
Day 5 Discovery of the Komodo archipelago and first snorkelings (B-L-D)
You have a short transfer to the port to board your Floating Hotel for the next few days. You start your navigation into the Komodo National Park, first snorkellings en route to discover the multicolored seabed! Meals on board and at sunset, you attend the flight of thousands of bats leaving the mangrove to eat on the island of Flores.
- 15 minutes drive
- Accommodation : on board - Simple comfort - 3 cabins with AC - Bathroom with cold water to share
Day 6 Rinca and Komodo Islands: Dragons Observation (B-L-D)
After breakfast, you arrive on Rinca Island to meet your first Komodo dragons during a walk with a local ranger, who will take you to a beautiful view of a part of the archipelago. You will then return to Komodo Island and the famous Pink Beach, named after the color of the sand, a mixture of red and white corals. In the afternoon, accompanied by a ranger on Komodo island this time, you walk to find other specimens of lizards, but also hinds, wild pigs and white parrots. Night at anchor.
-2h walk + 1h walk
-Accommodation : on board - Simple comfort - 3 cabins with AC - Bathroom with cold water to share
Day 7 From Manta Point to Labuan Bajo (B-L)
Another beautiful snorkeling day. You start with Manta Point for if you're lucky, swim with the famous rays, turtles and sometimes some harmless coral sharks, then you continue to Kanawa, scorpion fish, humpback parrotfish and rays with blue dots are commun in this area. Then youhead back to Labuan Bajo in the early afternoon. Depending on the rest of your trip, transfer to your hotel or airport. End of our services.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
Price from 715 euros (min 4 people)
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Budget & exchange
- A cap or sunhat
- A good pair of sunglasses (level 3 or 4, glacier)
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, appropriate for hiking in
- 1 fleece or equivalent
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- A rain cape or protective waterproof bag for your daybag
- 1 or 2 pairs of long shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers
- Your hiking boots (high-cut, thick soles...)
- A pair of trainers
- A pair of sandals for wearing in the sea
- Thick walking socks
- A good water bottle (min. 1.5 l)
- A swimsuit
- A long-sleeved rash vest to protect you
- A good sun-cream (SPF 50+, water resistant, biodegradable...)
- Insect repellent
- A wash bag - your personal toiletries
- A camera and spare batteries/portable charger
- A power plug travel adapter
- A head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A fast drying micro-fibre beach towel
- A bath towel
- Blister plasters
- A small personal first aid kit
- Zip lock bags to protect your important documents and electronics
- A laundry bag/bin bag for your dirty clothes
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors