East Java and Bali family trip
Day 1 Surabaya – Cemorolawang
Our team will pick you up at Surabaya Airport, you will then take the road to Mount Bromo area (4 hours). Lunch en route. Upon arrival we can enjoy a short trekking on Tengger caldeira. Dinner and night in hotel.
Night : Hotel
Day 2 Mount Bromo - Ketapang
Very early in the morning, we take some jeep to Penanjakan viewpoint and then have a short walk to enjoy the sunrise with the beautiful panorama of Bromo, Batok and Semeru. After that, we go down in the sea of sand and walk up to Mount Bromo to watch very closely the smoke coming up from the volcano crater. After that, we go back to the hotel to have some breakfast. Then, we take the road to Banyuwangi (5 to 6 hours). Lunch en route. We will arrive by the end of the afternoon and can enjoy the swimming pool of the hotel. Dinner and night in hotel in Ketapang
Night : Hotel
Day 3 Ijen Crater - Pemuteran
Once again very early in the morning we take the vehicle (2 hour drive) to reach the starting point of the trekking to Kawah Ijen. We start hiking our way up as the sun rises to reach the crater rim of Kawah Ijen. On the way to the top we will cross the path with the volcano miners taking down baskets of sulfur from the crater to sell it to industries everyday. They can carry up to 100 kg twice a day! Once we reach the crater rim, we can enjoy the amazing view of the turquoise lake in the crater. We go down the same way and take back the car to the hotel. After having lunch, we will take the ferry to cross from Java to Bali. We continue the drive to Pemuteran and enjoy some free time by the beach. Dinner and night in Pemuteran.
Night : Hotel
Day 4 Pemuteran - Munduk
Morning snorkeling session from Biorock beach. This spot was created to support the regeneration of the old coral reefs destroyed by tidal waves and people who used explosives for fishing. You can see young corals grow on the metallic structures settled by a Non-Goverment Organization as well as multi-colored tropical fishes. After this session, we will have some lunch then drive up to Munduk, a village perched on a mountainous area. As we walk in the plantations, will discover the natural treasures of North Bali, such as: cloves, cocoa, coffee, nutmeg, and avocado as well as the majestic waterfalls of the village. Dinner and night in Munduk.
Night : Hotel
Day 5 Munduk – Cycling and Rafting – Ubud
After the breakfast, we will drive south to Ubud area (2 hour drive) to enjoy some time riding the bicycle! For approximately 2 hours, you will criss-crossing your way around the villages and the rice paddies. After that, we will have lunch, start the afternoon by experiencing white water rafting in Ayung River (2 hours). We will reach Ubud in the afternoon. Free time and dinner with dance show in a restaurant.
Night : Hotel
Day 6 Ubud – Monkey forest –Transfer to airport
We will start the day by a visit to the famous Monkey forest, then free time while we are waiting for airport transfer (1.5 hour drive) according to your flight schedule. Meals not included
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
Price includes :
Price doesn't include :
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Budget & exchange
- A cap or sunhat
- A good pair of sunglasses (level 3 or 4, glacier)
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, appropriate for hiking in
- 1 fleece or equivalent
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- A rain cape or protective waterproof bag for your daybag
- 1 or 2 pairs of long shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers
- Your hiking boots (high-cut, thick soles...)
- A pair of trainers
- A pair of sandals for wearing in the sea
- Thick walking socks
- A good water bottle (min. 1.5 l)
- A swimsuit
- A long-sleeved rash vest to protect you
- A good sun-cream (SPF 50+, water resistant, biodegradable...)
- Insect repellent
- A wash bag - your personal toiletries
- A camera and spare batteries/portable charger
- A power plug travel adapter
- A head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A fast drying micro-fibre beach towel
- A bath towel
- Blister plasters
- A small personal first aid kit
- Zip lock bags to protect your important documents and electronics
- A laundry bag/bin bag for your dirty clothes
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors