Maluku and the Raja Ampat Islands Adventure Cruise
Day 1 Ambon - Kei
Arrival early morning in Kei island. Your guide is hosting you and you go to Tual Harbour where our boat is waiting for you - welcome on board!
Day 2 Deserted Islets
First day on board exploring the three deserted islets of Ngaf, Nodan and Er. A picture perfect landscape of pristine beaches, coconut palm trees, thriving coral reefs and warm translucent waters.
Sailing time: 2 1/2 hours + 8 hours at night
Navigation distance: 15 miles + 45 miles at night
Day 3 Kai Besar
This morning we explore Ad Village and a magnificent cave. Then, we head up river to bathe under waterfalls. Return to the boat for lunch followed by an afternoon of snorkelling and swimming on our own deserted beach. This evening and tonight we sail to the coast of Papua and Triton Bay.
Sailing time: 1 1/2 hours + 17 hours afternoon and night
Navigation distance: 140 miles
Day 4 Triton Bay
Triton Bay is one of the most exceptional places in the Indonesia Archipelago. Explore the karst formations in this unique location by zodiac, stopping to enjoy paradise beaches, snorkelling and to discover Warangara. This afternoon we continue exploring by zodiac, a labyrinth of limestone stacks and shaded beaches. Night at anchor near Lobo village.
Nous entrons a l'aube dans la baie de Triton, un des sites les plus exceptionnels de l'archipel Indonésien. Le matin, raid en zodiac dans les formations karstiques en s'arrêtant ici et la sur des plages paradisiaques pour s'adonner au snorkeling et découvrir l’intérieur de l’île de Warangara. Nous continuons l'après-midi la découverte en zodiac des dédales de pitons calcaires et plages ombragées. Nuit au mouillage en face du village de Lobo.
Sailing time: 30 minutes + 1 1/4 hours
Navigation distance: 15 miles
Day 5 Lengguru river & Pulau Nusurumi
Early this morning, take motorized canoes a few kilometres up the river Lengguru. At this time you can expect to meet a whole array of birds, cockatoos, parrots and maybe even a crocodile sunbathing on the banks... Visit two small villages, and enjoy a walk along the river and in the surrounding hills. Return to boat, late afternoon on the desert island of Pulau Nusurumi in the centre of Triton Bay. Navigation to Namatota Island.
Around 3 hours of walking
Sailing time: 1 hour + 2 hours
Navigation distance: 20 miles
Day 6 Namatota Island
Morning snorkelling near Namatota Island with whale sharks! Visit Namatota village and enjoy an afternoon snorkelling between the islets south of the island where a paradise of beautiful beaches, rocky peaks and coral reefs awaits. Night navigation to the Kumafa Mountains.
Sailing time: 12 hours night nav.
Navigation distance: 70 miles
Day 7 The Kumafa Mountains
Dawn arrival at the foot of the dramatic Kumafa Mountains. This morning we venture into the wild primary forest to find an enormous waterfall (60m) hidden in the lush enchanting vegetation. Little zodiac outing to a fresh water sourse, lunch on board and sailing west to Teluk Wap Bay.
Sailing time: 4 hours
Navigation distance: 25 miles
Day 8 Teluk Wap & Kiti-Kiti Waterfall
Morning exploration of Teluk Wap Bay by zodiac, snorkelling with turtles and bluespotted ribbontail rays. Then we sail to Kiti-Kiti Waterfall and go hiking in the rainforest following an impetuous river. Keep your eyes open for small kangeroos and fierce cassowary. On the way back we can pause to swim in the Kiti-Kiti Waterfall overflow which flows directly into the sea. Night sailing to Fakfak and Onin Peninsula.
3 hours hiking
Sailing time: 1 hour + 12 hours at night
Navigation distance: 80 miles
Day 9 Onin Peninsula & Sabuda Island
Today we journey from the Papuan coast to the southern entrance of the Raja Ampat island cluster. Morning at Onin Peninsula, visit to the village and surroundings of this region which is known for its nutmeg plantations. Navigation to the island of Sabuda and its surrounding islands with their lovely beaches and fabulous snorkelling opportunities. Night sailing East to Misool.
Sailing time: 6 hours + 13 hours at night
Navigation distance: 40 + 90 miles
Day 10 Raja Ampat: Pulau Balbulol, Wagmab & Lenkafal
Spend the whole day exploring the extraordinary karst formations of Pulau Balbulol, Pulau Wagmab and Pulau Lenkafal. Go snorkelling over pristine coral reefs and swim off shaded beaches with coconut palm trees.
Sailing time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Navigation distance: 10 miles
Day 11 Palau Lenkafal and the islets East of Misool
Continue exploring Raja Ampat and Misool. Walk to a lovely view point, enjoy zodiac outings and snorkelling. This is a truly stunning place...
1 hour of walking
Sailing time: 1 hour 30 minutes + 4 hours night nav.
Navigation distance: 10 + 25 miles
Day 12 Southeast coast of Misool
Approach the island of Misool from the south, visit the coastal villages of Biga and Kapatcol and wander through the nearby forests and plantations. Canoe up river where beautiful birds of paradise frequent. Lunch on board.
Sailing time: 1 hour 30 + 14 hours night nav.
Navigation distance: 10 + 100 miles
Day 13 Seram Island
Morning visit to the north coast of Seram Island, Wahai, where magnificent limestone cliffs, small fishing villages and beautiful coral reefs dominate. Spend the afternoon on some of the 7 deserted islands not far from here enjoying stunning beaches and snorkelling.
Day 14 Seram - Ambon
Early this morning, we leave the boat and traverse the island of Seram by vehicle. From Masohi on the south coast we take a fast boat to Ambon. Transfer to hotel and evening at leisure.
3 hours driving + 2 hour boat trip
Day 15 Ambon - Flight
Early transfer to the airport for your flight.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price per person||Guaranteed||Booking|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: AIMORAJ
- All in-country transfers as detailed in itinerary
- 14 nights accommodation on board + hotel
- All meals from Day 1 to breakfast on day 15
- Snorkelling equipment
- Unlimited water, coffee and tea on board
- Full supervision by a qualified Altaï guide (Days 1 - 15)
- Accompaniment by our experienced Indonesian boat crew
- Entrance costs to everything in the itinerary
- Right to access the National Parks
- International and domestic flights
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks on board
- Evening meals on days 15
- Tips for locals ( 4-5 EUR per person per day)
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: No cancellation fees.
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: 30% of trip price will be retained.
- Cancellation received within 20 days of the departure date: 70% of trip price will be retained.
Changes to travel contract
- 6 double cabins
- 2 bathrooms/showers to share
- Simple comforts
- Double or twin room
- Private bathroom
Budget & exchange
- A snorkelling mask
- A snorkel
- A pair of flippers
- A cap or sunhat
- A good pair of sunglasses (level 3 or 4, glacier)
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, appropriate for hiking in
- 1 fleece or equivilent
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- A rain cape or protective waterproof bag for your daybag
- 1 or 2 pairs of long shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers
- Your hiking boots (high-cut, thick soles...)
- A pair of trainers
- A pair of sandels for wearing in the sea
- Thick walking socks
- A good water bottle (min. 1.5 l)
- A swimsuit
- A long-sleeved rash vest to protect you
- A good sun-cream (SPF 50+, water resistant, biodegradable...)
- Insect repellant
- A wash bag - your personal toiletries... biodegradable soap, shampoo and toothpaste, a toothbrush.
- A camera and spare batteries/portable charger
- A power plug travel adapter
- A head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A fast drying micro-fibre beach towel
- A sarong
- A bath towel
- A mosquito net
- Blister plasters
- A small personal first aid kit
- Zip lock bags to protect your important documents and electronics
- A laundry bag/bin bag for your dirty clothes
- A small sewing kit
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors