Transflores : volcanoes, villages and dragons
Day 1 Bali airport - Hotel
Arrival at Bali airport. Transfer and night in Sanur. Meals not included
Day 2 Bali - Ende - Moni
Early in the morning, transfer to airport and domestic flight to Ende. Then transfer by car or minibus to Moni village, located close to Kelimutu volcano. Visit of the traditionnal village of Wologai on the way, and short walk to waterfall close to Moni if there is enough time before sunset. DInner and night in Moni
Day 3 Moni - Kelimutu - Detusoko - Ende
Before the sun rises, you will get a short bus transfer and start walking to the top of Kelimutu volcano to admire a breathtaking sight of 3 lakes with different colors at the first ray of lights. You go down the same way and return to your hotel for breakfast. Free time to get some rest until lunch. In the afternoon you will take the road back to Ende, with several stops on the way. Dinner and night in Ende.
Day 4 Ende - Mount Ilya - Boawae
Around 5 am, you will start trekking to the top of Mount Ilya, and enjoy a nice panorama on Savu sea. Then in Ende, you will get some time to discover the local fish market. After lunch, road to Boawae with several stops on the way : Nanagapanda beach with its beautiful blue stones.. Dinner and night in Boawae
Day 5 Boawae - Mount Ebulobo - Bajawa
In the middle of the night, you will get transferred to Ebulobo trek starting point. After 3 to 4 hours of difficult hike in the forest and cliffs, you will arrive on the summit where ou can enjoy the mesmerizing sunrise with the panorama to the sea, the neighboring islands, and Inerie volcano. After the trek back downhill, you return to Boawae and enjoy some rest. Transfer to Bajawa, the land of Ngada people. Dinner and night in Bajawa
Day 6 Bajawa - Wawomuda - Bajawa
After breakfast you will start your hike of the day to Wawo Muda volcano, the most recent volcano on Flores Island. The last eruption in 2001 created some lakes with different colors in many shades of yellows. Afterwards, return to Bajawa for lunch. In the afternoon, visit the tradtional villages of Bena and Gurusina. Dinner and night in Bajawa.
Day 7 Bajawa - Aimere – Ruteng
Visit the local market of Bajawa in the morning and then road to the west. On the journey, you will visit a small local alcohol distilery. Lunch on the way and arrival in the town of Ruteng in the afternoon. Dinner and night in Ruteng.
Day 8 Ruteng - Lodok - Denge
In the morning, visit some of the Catholic churches of Ruteng, then take the road to Denge. On the way, you will discover the beautiful spider-web ricefields of Cancar. Lunch on the way and arrival in Denge in the afternoon. Dinner and night in a small guest house.
Day 9 Denge - Wae Rebo
You will leave Denge after breakfast. Short transfer by car to the starting point of the trek to Wae Rebo village. After around 3 hours walk, you will reach the village nested between mountains. You will have some lunch in a traditional cone-shaped house and in the afternoon you will discover the area and spend some time with the local people to discover their way of life. Dinner and night in the traditional house
Day 10 Wae Rebo - Labuan Bajo
You will leave the village after breakfast and go down to Denge village. Road to Labuan Bajo and stop for Lunch in Lembor. You will arrive in Labuan Bajo at the end of the afternoon. Dinner and night in Labuan Bajo
Day 11 Labuan Bajo - Komodo National Park
After breakfast, you will embark on local boats for a 3 days and 2 nights cruise in Komodo National Park. You will first go snorkelling in some of Komodo Archipelago best spots with Manta Rays and maybe turtles and reef sharks. Then you will reach Pink Beach and its colourful pink sand. In late afternoon, short trekking on Komodo Island and encounter the famous Komodo dragon. Dinner and night on board.
Day 12 Komodo National Park
Trekking on Rinca Island in the morning to see some more Komodo dragons and a nice panorama on the archipelago. You can then visit a small village, one of the few in the national park. You will then head by boat to Kanawa island and experience some more snorkelling. Nice sunset on the archipelago and maybe you can experience the flight of thousands of Flying Foxes who leave the mangrove of Kalong Island and get back to the mainland. DInner and night on board
Day 13 Komodo - Labuan Bajo - Sanur
Last snorkelling session and return to Labuan Bajo. Flight back to Bali and transfer to Sanur. Night in Sanur. Meals not included.
Day 14 Sanur - Airport
Transfer to airport.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- International flights
- Personal gratuities
- Meals in Bali
- Komodo National Park fees
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Changes to travel contract
Budget & exchange
- A cap or sunhat
- A good pair of sunglasses (level 3 or 4, glacier)
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, appropriate for hiking in
- 1 fleece or equivalent
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- A rain cape or protective waterproof bag for your daybag
- 1 or 2 pairs of long shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers
- Your hiking boots (high-cut, thick soles...)
- A pair of trainers
- A pair of sandals for wearing in the sea
- Thick walking socks
- A good water bottle (min. 1.5 l)
- A swimsuit
- A long-sleeved rash vest to protect you
- A good sun-cream (SPF 50+, water resistant, biodegradable...)
- Insect repellent
- A wash bag - your personal toiletries
- A camera and spare batteries/portable charger
- A power plug travel adapter
- A head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A fast drying micro-fibre beach towel
- A bath towel
- Blister plasters
- A small personal first aid kit
- Zip lock bags to protect your important documents and electronics
- A laundry bag/bin bag for your dirty clothes
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors