Raja Ampat Islands Adventure Cruise
Day 1 Welcome on board. Sorong, Waisai & Raja Ampat
We meet at Sorong airport from where it is a 20 minute transfer to the port then a 2 hour ferry crossing to Waisai island where our boat awaits. We settle into our cabins, enjoy lunch altogether on board then rest during a 1h30 navigation through the bright blue waters to Friwibonda Island. Here we join discover the first snorkeling spot of our trip. We set sail for another hour to our anchorage for the night, not far from Sapokren village. Dinner and overnight on board.
Navigation time: 2 and 1/2 hours in total (1.30 then 1 hour)
Distance: 12 miles
Day 2 Sapokren – Kabui Bay
At dawn, we go for a short walk to observe the birds of paradise in the hills above Sapokren village. We follow a local papuan local guide, to uncover an array of wildlife and observe fabulous birds in their natural habitats. We then climb back on board and journey towards Kabui Bay. Lunch on board and an afternoon dedicated to discovering the sublime coral gardens hidden in the deep blue equipped with snorkel, mask and fins. Dinner and overnight on board, anchorage in Kabui Bay.
Hiking time: approx 45 minutes
Navigation time: 1 - 2 hours
Sailing distance: 18 miles
Day 3 Kabui Bay and Kri Island
Immersed in the beautiful sugar loaf landscapes that Indonesia is famed for, we drop anchor to explore the area on foot. We can also travel up river through the mangroves. We enjoy lunch on board then navigate to Kri Island where we will discover an exceptional range of marine fauna notably including sweetlips Plectorhinchus, barracuda, red snappers, blue tangs, fusiliers, reef sharks, manta rays, turtles and more!
Navigation time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Distance: 15 miles
Day 4 Manta Rays and Arborek Village
This morning, we swim with Manta rays at the Manta Sandy cleaning station. Then we visit the pretty village of Arborek, a Papuan village in the heart of the national park supported by many Non-Governmental Organisations. Today we also discover the stunning coral reef off Arborek pontoon. This evening or later at night, we sail to Alejui Bay.
Nativation time: 5 heures
Distance: 40 miles
Day 5 Aljui Bay
This morning, we visit Atlas pearl farm for a guided tour of the luxury world of pearl culture and its various techniques. We then go snorkelling over walls of colourful coral and walk along the bay as the sun sets painting the sky a backdrop of beautiful colours behind silhouettes of striking limestone pinnacles and intriguing dense vegetation.
Day 6 Kawe - Wajag Island
We navigate through the seas before sunrise and enjoy the morning snorkelling around the small islets of Roibe. Then, we continue to Equator Island at zero degrees latitude. After lunch on board, we navigate to Wajag island and enjoy a late afternoon snorkelling session in this truly breathtaking landscape. Night on board anchored between two boulders.
Navigation time: 2 hours + 3 hours
Distance: 30 miles
Day 7 Wajag Island
We climb to the top of Mount Pendito and enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the Raja Ampat Archipelago. It is a steep and sometimes slippery 30 to 45 minutes climb to breathtaking views. After the hike, we head back to the boat. Then, we alternate between zodiac outings and snorkeling sessions in the paradise of Wajag Island. Evening and night at anchor.
Hiking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Day 8 Wajag - Eagle Rock - Penemu
Today we go snorkelling to the south east of Wajag Island where black tip sharks often swim near a pontoon at the beach. We sail southwards and enjoy lunch on board. We continue our journey past the west of Kawe Island. This afternoon we go snorkelling at Eagle Rock, 3 striking islets where manta rays and other large pelagic species frequent. Then, we continue sailing to Penemu, arrival in the night.
Navigation time: 3 hours + 6 hours
Distance: 55 miles
Day 9 Penemu Island - Batanta
Today we discover Melissa's Garden, one of the most beautiful coral gardens in Raja Ampat. We enjoy a lovely snorkelling session in this magical place then, we go for a walk in the lagoon annex, surrounded by striking sugar loaf shaped rock formations. We climb the stairs up a sugar loaf to the top of Penemu Island and marvel at the stunning views. This afternoon we sail to Batanta.
Hiking time: 45 minutes
Navigation time: 6 hours
Sailing distance: 33 miles
Day 10 Batanta and Dayang Islands
Today we discover Batana Island. From mangroves to rainforest, this island is rich with beautiful birds and lush vegetation not to mention the magical Batanta waterfall. Bathing in the waterfall possible. Today we will also go snorkelling and discover a lovely beach on Dayang Island Peninsula. At the end of the day we sail to Waisai, South Weigeo.
Navigation time: 2 hours + 6 hours
Sailing distance: 50 miles
Day 11 Waisai - Sorong
Early morning arrival in Waisai where we say goodbye to our boat. We take the ferry for Sorong at 9am then are transfered to the airport for your flight to the next destination. End of our service.
Ferry crossing: 2 hours
Dates & prices
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Departures for French-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: AIRAJA
- All in-country transfers as detailed in itinerary
- Snorkelling equipment
- 10 nights accommodation on board our boat
- All meals from lunch Day 1 to lunch Day 11
- Unlimited water, coffee and tea on board
- Full supervision by a qualified, English-speaking guide
- Accompaniment by our experienced Indonesian boat crew
- Entrance costs to everything in the itinerary
- Right to access the National Parks
- International and domestic flights
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks on board ( 25 000 IDR/ 25Cl beer bottle)
- Tips for locals
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: No cancellation fees.
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: 30% of trip price will be retained.
- Cancellation received within 20 days of the departure date: 70% of trip price will be retained.
Changes to travel contract
- 6 double cabins
- 2 bathrooms/showers to share ( cold water)
- Simple comfort
Budget & exchange
- A snorkelling mask
- A snorkel
- A pair of flippers
- A cap or sunhat
- A good pair of sunglasses (level 3 or 4, glacier)
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, appropriate for hiking in
- 1 fleece or equivalent
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- A rain cape or protective waterproof bag for your daybag
- 1 or 2 pairs of long shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers
- Your hiking boots (low-cut, thick soles...)
- A pair of trainers (optional)
- A pair of sandals for wearing in the sea
- Thick walking socks
- A good water bottle (min. 1.5 l)
- A swimsuit
- A long-sleeved rash vest to protect you
- swim short/pants to protect you
- A good sun-cream (SPF 50+, water resistant, biodegradable...)
- Insect repellant ( for the land hike)
- A wash bag - your personal toiletries... biodegradable soap, shampoo and toothpaste, a toothbrush.
- A camera and spare batteries/portable charger
- A power plug travel adapter
- A head torch and spare batteries
- A fast drying micro-fibre beach towel
- A sarong
- Blister plasters
- A small personal first aid kit
- Zip lock bags to protect your important documents and electronics
- A laundry bag/bin bag for your dirty clothes
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors