CRUISE THE LESSER SUNDA ISLANDS
Day 1 Arrival
Welcome to Indonesia! Arrival at Bali airport and transfer to Sanur where you can enjoy an evening and dinner at leisure with hotel accommodation.
Day 2 Lombok Island
Today we explore Lombok Island. A picnic lunch on a scenic beach with the chance take a first dip in the clear blue waters is on the agenda before we head up to the volcanic flanks of Mount Rinjani (3726m) for todays hike. A fabulous walk awaits us featuring rainforest, rice fields and waterfalls (swimming in the waterfall pool is possible). This evening we board our cruise boat; enjoy a welcome drink and dinner on board before settling down for the night.
Transport: 1 hour by road to Padangbai Port + 2 hours by boat to Lombak. Approx. 2 hours drive to Mount Rinjani
Night sailing: About 6 hours to Moyo Island
Day 3 Moyo & Satonda Islands
As dawn breaks we reach the west coast of Moyo Island, a stunning monsoon forest covered nature reserve. Take a walk in the enchanting forest, discover a delightful coastal village and snorkel over a truly extrodinary coral reef. Late morning we sail to Satonda, an isolated extinct volcano where a fabulous walk around the crater lake awaits us.
Dinner at anchor, night departure east.
Day 4 Wera Village & Banta Island
Our journey continues along the coast of Sumbawa stopping off at Wera, a delightful village of marine carpenters. We then make our way to the deserted island of Banta which is sure to impress with its pink sand beaches and exceptional coral reefs. An afternoon stroll in the hills and two hours sailing awaits us before we reach our anchor point.
Dinner and overnight at anchor.
Day 5 Gili Lawa Darat Island & Karang Makassar reef
A morning walk in the hills of Gili Lawa Laut Island reveals beautiful views of the Komodo archipelago. Today is a chance to swim with Manta Rays in an underwater Cleaning Station. Equipped with fins, masks and snorkels discover Karang Makassar reef, the underwater fauna and flora here are among the richest in the world. This afternoon, we sail between the islands Tatawa and Siaba and can enjoy another beautiful snorkelling session.
Night at anchor.
Day 6 Gili Lawa Darat Island & Pantai Merah Beach
A morning hike on the slopes of Gili Lawa Darat Island with fabulous views of the Komodo Archipelago is a perfect way to start the day. Today we go snorkelling to explore the beautiful coral reef gardens around this island. Later, we set sail southwards towards the incredibly beautiful sandy beach of Pantai Merah.
Night at anchor.
Day 7 Padar, Rinca & Komodo Dragons
Spend the morning on the island of Padar with its pristine beaches, fabulous snorkelling and lovely walks in the rugged hills with beautiful views of the surrounding islands. From here, it is two hours sailing to the island of Rinca, the second largest island in the Komodo archipelago. This afternoon we explore the beautiful savannah landscape of Rinca, home to those famous lizards, wild deer and buffalo.
Night at anchor.
Day 8 Local villages & stunning snorkelling
Rinca village is surrounded by stunning scenary and the locals here live in wooden houses perched on stilts to protect them from the wildlife. Explore this settlement, discover ancient traditions and meet local people before heading to the Sebolan Islands (two hours sailing). Simply stunning snorkelling awaits us at these picture-perfect islands. Another 45 minutes of sailing will take us to the equally beautiful island of Seraya, home to Pasir Putih village.
Day 9 Mangroves, ricefields and local plantations
Today we visit the island of Sababi and explore this uninhabited area with a short walk, a snorkelling session and a swim. This afternoon, we venture into the deep bay of Terang where a zodiac trip to the mangroves awaits us. We can also walk in the rice fields, explore local plantations and discover two Manggarai villages.
Night navigation to Riung.
Day 10 The Archipelago of Tujuhbelas
Today we arrive at Riung Bay and join the Tujuhbelas archipelago, a string of deserted islands where beautiful beaches and fabulous snorkelling spots are plentiful. Spend the day exploring this picturesque location and enjoy a BBQ on our very own deserted beach. At the end of the day, a short climb up to watch the sunset over the surrounding Indonesian islands is on the agenda - a truly lovely way to end the day.
Night at anchor.
Day 11 Palue Island & Batu Boga Bay
It is three hours of sailing to the island of Palue where a morning hike awaits us - a scenic mountain trail up to isolated villages perched on the flanks of the volcano. Return to the boat to relax in the translucent waters and snorkel over Palues colourful coral reefs. Early afternoon departure to Batu Boga Bay, a deep uninhabited cove where swimming and snorkelling awaits us.
Night at anchor.
Day 12 Kelimutu Volcano
We leave at dawn in a truck-bus heading two and a half hours across the island of Flores towards the famous Kelimuto volcano. Along this scenic route we will stop to explore a tiny timeless Lio village. Today we summit Kelimutu, the fabulous volcano has three crater lakes, each naturally a different colour. This afternoon, a final short hike along ricefields and plantations awaits us before we head to Ende for the night (just over an hours drive away).
Day 13 Ende to Bali
Enjoy a visit to Endes local fish market before lunch. This afternoon you have an internal flight from Ende to Bali Island, then it is a short transfer to Sanur where you are free to check in to your hotel and enjoy a final dinner at leisure.
Day 14 Departure
Free time then airport transfer for your international return flight with stopover.
Dates & prices
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price per person||Guaranteed||Booking|
Trip code: AIIS
- Domestic flights and taxes
- All in-country transfers as detailed in itinerary
- 2 nights hotel accommodation
- 11 nights accommodation on board our boat
- All meals from breakfast Day 2 to lunch Day 13
- Snorkelling equipment
- Unlimited water, coffee and tea on board
- Full supervision by a qualified Altaï guide (Days 2 - 13)
- Accompaniment by our experienced Indonesian boat crew
- Entrance costs to everything in the itinerary
- Right to access the National Parks
- International flights
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks on board
- Evening meals in Bali on Days 1 and 13 (5-15 EUR per meal)
- Tips for locals ( 4-5 EUR per person per day)
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: No cancellation fees.
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: 30% of trip price will be retained.
- Cancellation received within 20 days of the departure date: 70% of trip price will be retained.
Changes to travel contract
- 6 double cabins
- 2 bathrooms/showers to share
- Simple comforts
- Double or twin room
- Private bathroom
Budget & exchange
- A snorkelling mask
- A snorkel
- A pair of flippers
- A cap or sunhat
- A good pair of sunglasses (level 3 or 4, glacier)
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, appropriate for hiking in
- 1 fleece or equivilent
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- A rain cape or protective waterproof bag for your daybag
- 1 or 2 pairs of long shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers
- Your hiking boots (high-cut, thick soles...)
- A pair of trainers
- A pair of sandels for wearing in the sea
- Thick walking socks
- A good water bottle (min. 1.5 l)
- A swimsuit
- A long-sleeved rash vest to protect you
- A good sun-cream (SPF 50+, water resistant, biodegradable...)
- Insect repellant
- A wash bag - your personal toiletries... biodegradable soap, shampoo and toothpaste, a toothbrush.
- A camera and spare batteries/portable charger
- A power plug travel adapter
- A head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A fast drying micro-fibre beach towel
- A sarong
- A bath towel
- A mosquito net
- Blister plasters
- A small personal first aid kit
- Zip lock bags to protect your important documents and electronics
- A laundry bag/bin bag for your dirty clothes
- A small sewing kit
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors